Solid Waste Management Department
214 W. Market St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Christian County Solid Waste is responsible for:
- Enforcing the Illinois Environmental Protection Act at the local landfill and at open dumping/burning sites.
- Responding to complaints regarding open dumping/burning.
- Funding the electronics recycling program for Christian County residents through BLH Computers.
- Coordinating and funding the collection and hauling of recyclable materials for the schools and county offices within Christian County.
- Sponsoring household hazardous waste collections when state-funded programs are available.
The communities of Pana and Stonington provide, at their community’s expense, recycling services for their residents. Residents in other communities within the County are able to subscribe to curbside recycling through Cleeton Sanitation.
Recycling opportunities for metal include: Joe Coleman Salvage and Demolition Incorporated, Kertow Auto Salvage, Midstate Material Handling Incorporated, Mullins Salvage, and Welburn Salvage.